Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Scrapper's Delight, from Sunday Morning Quilts!

The other day I was digging through a mountain of fabric scrap...truly, go buy some from my Etsy store, I've got plenty to share! I wasn't sure how to put all these pieces together. This past Christmas, my wonderful husband gave me the book Sunday Morning Quilts by Amanda Jean Nyberg and Cheryl Arkison

I flipped through the book until I came upon the pattern for Scrapper's Delight. It was hard to choose just one pattern! I'll be back in there for another go soon after I'm done with this one...I'll still have scraps to use. I've followed one of the writers of this book, Amanda Jean Nyberg for a few years, and she's a great inspiration! If your not already a follower of Amanda's blog "Crazy Mom Quilts" stop by and check it out. Anyway, once I got started, these 4 blocks came together in no time flat! 



All I did was reach into the scrap pile for appropriate size pieces, square them up and add them in. I trimmed and squared and pressed as I went along. I probably broke many unknown quilting rules along the way, but I don't care. They came out fantastic. I hope to make as many as I can before the beginning of school in the coming weeks. I'm not sure how much time I'll have to sew once we're on our new schedule.  

Have you sewn anything from this awesome book yet? Share it if you have!

No comments: