Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A Work in Progress Wednesday...and some thrifty finds!


With today's rainy weather and heavy skies, this is the best shot I could squeeze out of my camera for today's WIP!

Half Moon Modern...one of my favorite lines from Moda! Here is a Layer Cake that's been stitched and cut into a Disappearing 9 Patch quilt top. This came together quickly, with only about 2 hours of sewing, cutting and pressing time. I just bought fabric yesterday for the backing and binding, so I'm hoping to have this up in the Etsy shop by next week. I haven't decided on the quilting yet...so if you've got any suggestions, please let me know!

I thought I'd share a few of my thrifty finds too today! Being a Military family, we move...ALOT...and it's always fun to grab some momentos from the states or countries you've lived in. We've collected Coo Coo clocks from Germany and trinkets and finds from New York, Oregon and Texas. But I haven't really found that 1 idea that really brings them all of our homes together. Pinterest is FULL of fantastic ideas and I may put a few to use...but then I found these at my local Goodwill...


I love them! I'm now on the hunt for Oregon and New York, and maybe one for Germany if there is something similar.  I've seen a few on Ebay, so if I don't find any locally, I'll buy some online. I'm thinking of hanging these in my Dining room.


Some of my other favorite finds are the clamp jar with red and clear hearts around it. A tiny little (lotus dish maybe?) dish that's been hand painted and glued together many times. It holds my rings when I'm doing dishes. And my two little hot plates.

My latest obsession to find while thrifting...Pyrex


Love it!!!

2 comments:

Kimberly Paradiso said...

Very nice disappearing nine patch! Super fun fabrics! Wish I could help you on quilting advice...The first two that I did I just stitched in the ditch (a little boring but got the job done). I currently have another one hiding in my contemplative bin because I haven't figured out how to quilt it yet. I keep thinking I'll send it out to a quilter...Nice thrifty finds too! :)

Bugsparrow said...

Thanks Kimberly! I've got a free motion foot, but we really haven't made friends yet :) I may give it another shot!