Friday, April 26, 2013

Catching up...


So, I'm behind a few posts now. We've been so busy around here, ok...and I've been a little bit lazy. We are getting ready for a big yard sale this upcoming weekend, so I've been purging, and cleaning and organizing...and it's got me completely wiped out! We've been in out new house here in Georgia since October, and since we've got an extra 1000 sq. ft of extra space from our last house in Texas, we've definitely spread out...alot, like stuff every where alot! I took the upcoming sale as an opportunity to start a whole house purge, clean and organize. I feel like I've bit off more than I can chew, but slowly it's all coming together. I haven't had much time to sew or craft this past week, but I did end up making a few of those zipper pouches from my last sewing post. Here they are!


Sorry the picture is so dark! I put a few cards in front of the smaller pouch to show scale, and I've found that they all fit nicely in that pouch, so that's where I'm keeping all of my lesser used store perk cards in my purse. The larger pouch, is kinda like a little catch all for smaller things that I keep in my purse. Again, dark photo...sorry. But as you can see, kleenex, lip balm, lotion, etc, etc...all that stuff that gets lost in the bottom of the purse is in here. It makes it super easy to swap out purses as well.


I've been plugging away at a hand stitched hexy quilt too. I sit in the evenings while watching tv with the family and stitch these little hexy's together. I keep a small stash of these supplies in the living room tucked under the side table. It's taking forever to get anywhere with it, but I am in love with the way it's turning out! My scrap bin is getting lighter because of it, which is much needed!

I'm using the free printable templete here from moxyideas.com. One of these day's I will post a tutorial on how I piece mine together. I know there are alot of tutorials out there for this, but I thought I'd share anyway. 

Check out my friend's cooking blog! Kitchen Ballet where new recipes are added as she and her family try them out. She deals with many food allergies in her household, so you'll find lots of gluten free, dairy free, egg free and peanut free foods to feed a family on a budget!


Happy Friday! Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments: